Thursday, July 31, 2008

Our Dear Maddie

We wanted to post briefly to let everyone know we have received everyones emails, texts, cards, flowers, calls, and prayers most of all. We have felt everyones love for us and for Maddie. This has been a very trying time for our family, but we know she is up with her Heavenly Father and that she was too pure and innocent to live on this earth any more. We wanted to thank everyone for their love and support and know that Maddie will be missed.

The funeral will be held on Friday, August 8th. The viewing will begin at 9am and the service will take place at 10am. It will be at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 8140 Racine Trail, Austin 78717.

81 comments:

mandaleighm said...

Marlo I know that we haven't been in touch over the years, but I want you to know that I am thinking about you and your family. I have cried the past two nights for a beautiful baby that I have never met, and for a mother who I know loved her more than anything in the world....if there is ANYTHING that I can do for u do not hesitate to ask...all my love Mandi Munro

Jules said...

Our thoughts and prayers have been constantly with you since we heard the news on Sunday. We love you both and will continue to keep you in our prayers. We'll see you next week- ready to give you big hugs! Love you so much! Jules & Family

Michele said...

Hello sweet Marlo. My name is Michele and I am one of President Marco's children (Whitter Stake). I want you to know that I have cried and mourned along with you and your family. I wish there were something I could do or say to ease your pain. Know that you are loved and that many prayers including mine have been sent to our Heavenly Father for you and Jordan and the rest of the family, for peace, understanding, and the tender mercies you need every hour of this difficult time. Maddie chose very special parents. Much love to you and Jordan and the family. Love, Michele Wilcut

Amy H said...

So terribly sorry to hear your news. Please know, Jordan, that your friends and co-workers at Dell are thinking of you, praying for your family, and hurting for your loss. Hold on tight to each other so that you can make it through this trying time. Know that there are people out there that have been through something similar and are always willing to talk to you to help you through the hard times.

Michael Mendenhall said...

Marlo and Jordan, and all of your families, know that I have been praying for you ever since I heard the news on Sunday morning. I'm so sorry. My heart aches for you. I wish so bad that I could have come over with my parents last night. I wanted to talk to you earlier or post on the blog but I didn't think you would be looking at it. Thank you for your example to me. I can only hope that my faith is as strong as yours. I love you guys!! I will be praying for you forever.

Misty said...

Hello, I am one of Jordans team members at Dell and I was just so heartbroken for everyone involved to hear this. He showed me this blog one day at worked when I asked to see pictures of Maddie. My family and I have been praying for y'all and our hearts go out to you. Maddie is a beautiful angel. I have made something special for you and would like to know where I can send it? Could you please send me a quick message to mistymeanor@austin.rr.com with an address? Or I can wait until Jordan comes back and give it to him, but I am not sure when that will be and would like for y'all to have what I made soon. We all love Jordan and your family.

{priscilla} said...

Jordan and Marlo~

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I grew up with Jordan and his family and our mothers are still close (whittier stake). I found out about your tragic loss and wanted to send our love and prayers to your sweet family. I know in my heart that your sweet baby girl was needed far more in heaven then here on earth and so Heavenly Father called her home. May you and your family find strength in one another and in our Father in Heaven.
All our Love,
Priscilla (Padilla) Kauvaka
& Family

Chels Allred said...

Oh Marlo! I am so so so sorry!! I can't imagine what you are going through, but you are absolutley right, her soul was too perfect to be here anymore! You and your family are in our prayer!!

The Millette Family said...

Jordon and Marlo! I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you are going through. You are so right though, she is with our Heavenly Father in a much better place. I know she is happy. Hang in there and please let me know if there is anything I can do, even if it just to talk. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sarah said...

We were so sad to hear the news on Sunday and want you to know that we are praying for you guys to be able to find some peace through all of this. We love you and are thinking of you during this diffucult time.

Love, Sarah and Family

The Pickled Red Herring said...

Marlo and Jordan,
We are still praying for you and just want you to know you are loved! We have been thinking about you all week and just wish we were closer. I know your sweet little girl was greatly needed elsewhere and soon you will have her again.
Love Travis & Krista

Anonymous said...

To The Walburger Family, I hope you dont mind me sending a message to you. I don't know your family but this has just broken my heart, especially after seeing your website, which is clearly just about Madison, she is adorable. I don't know what else to say other than people like me are praying for you here in Las Vegas. I hope that time will ease your pain.

Penny and Dee said...

Dear Jordan and Marlo,
Please know that we share your sorrow and know somewhat of the aching heart. Time will heal but faith is the ultimate healer, we, of course, will have you in our daily prayers. Our love to you and all of your families, Dee and Penny Tolman (Sant Gertrudes Ward)

LesLie said...

Marlo, Jordan, and Family,

We were and still are terribly saddened by the news heard on Sunday. You all have been in our thoughts and we hope that everyone may find peace in their hearts at such a difficult time. She is just beautiful and was blessed to have such awesome parents! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Much Love Always,
The Neilson Family

Jan said...

Oh, Marlo and Jordan! We got the news from your mom and my heart is aching for all of you. There is nothing I can say that will help -- but we have you in our prayers and will continue to do so.

Mark & Jan Mason

chrissi said...

All our love to both of you. Many prayers, many tears. The sun will shine again. If we can do anything (from Whittier) it would be our pleasure. Much love, The Breniers

Sarah said...

Jordan and Marlo we have thought about you so much this week. We cannot imagine what you are going through but pray you will be able to feel comforted during this hard time. We love you and will continue to pray for you and your family. Love, Holly Pack and Family

Wyatt and Nicole said...

Marlo,
I don't know if you remember me or not, but I was good friends with Tyler at Durango HS. I just wanted to let you and Jordan know that I am so terribly sorry for your loss. Madison was a beautiful little angel who, you can tell by these amazing pictures, was loved so dearly by all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May you find peace in knowing that she is with God and strength to help you through this difficult time.
~Nicole McCollum (Baldassaro)
Fort Worth, TX

Kelly said...

As with everyone else, I am truly at a loss for words. We love you so much and are thinking of you! Our hearts are crying out with you at this time!

Darrin, Kelly and family

Janae' said...

Dear Walburgers-

I'm so very sad about your loss.

I am following a mother's blog who lost her little Camille in a drowning on June 13th. Her testimony is so strong and I think you would benefit from her words.

The address is www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com

Our prayers are with you.

Janae' Runyon
Las Vegas

Alli Waldron said...

I don't think there is much I can say to console you, but I wanted you to know that my heart aches for you. You are such a sweet spirit and remember that Heavenly Father never tests us beyond what we can handle. Cling tight to Jordan - you two will need to draw on each other's strengths to get you through this difficult time.

I am not sure if you have ever heard of this blog, but it is about a mother coping with the death of her own young, innocent daughter. I have attached this link in hopes that something on this page may help keep your faith strong.

You are in my family's prayers!

Anonymous said...

Marlo, I know we haven't kept in touch, but I heard the news that you lost your little girl, and I had to do something. Once I found out I just kept saying "OH MY GOSH!" It was just so shocking and devastating to hear. At my request, my dad called Allen Duff to find any information about you and your family. They kindly gave me your blog address. I saw your newest post and kept scrolling to older ones. I didn't get very far before I began to cry. What a sweetheart Maddie was! You can just see it in the pictures. And what a cute and loving mother you were to her. I couldn't help try to "get to know Maddie" by looking at every one of your posts and movies. What a loss you must be experiencing. I have a 17 month old boy and I love him dearly. I can't imagine the pain it would cause me to lose him. I am astounded at the attitude you two display about the situation and your eternal perspective. How grateful I am for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Plan of Happiness. I don't think it makes death any easier, but it is such a comfort and hope. I just can't seem to stop thinking about you and your family. I just wish I could be at the funeral, to see this beautiful angel. My heart and prayers go out to you. Life is so fragile and I hope to enjoy every moment I am blessed to have. I hope I show my son Zack just how much I love him every day. It was just so ironic to see how many pictures and posts were of Maddie in the water. You mentioned a couple of times you had a water baby and that she had no fear of the water. Just ironic that is how she left this world. I am sure she will be watching over you and Jordon always. May God give you the strength to get through this tragedy and the courage to move forward. Thank you for letting me read your blog and leave a comment. Hopefully we can stay in touch a little better. My love goes out to you and your family at this time and you are in my prayers. Much love, Lisa (Deaver) Mason

Whitney said...

We, too, grieve for you and with you both. Please know that you remain in our thoughts and prayers daily. May the Lord comfort you both and may you find solace in one another and be able to celebrate Maddie's sweet life.

Love, Tyler, Whitney & Family

Megan O'Blenness said...

Marlo,
I know that it has been many years since we have all been in touch but I wanted to let you know how sorry my family and I are for your horrible loss. Please know that you and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers as you go through this hard time. Her pictures truly capture what an amazing and beautiful little girl she was. I know from personal experience that it is difficult to make sense of something so tragic but having the faith that she is home with God will add so much comfort as time goes on. Just know that she will always be your little angel watching over you.
Love,
Megan O’Blenness (McDonald)

Mindy said...

We're thinking of you constantly. We were so sorry to learn of the news. You'll be in our prayers. I've had people email me based on my blog entry wanting to know what happened. Let me just say people all over are praying for you guys.
Love, the Micks

Randi said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
All our love-
The Ostlers

Meghan Poort said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan Poort said...

I have had you in my constant thoughts and prayers since I heard on Sunday. You have been an amazing example of faith in this trying time for your family. This has been an incredible loss to all around you. I know that our Savior carries us in during our hardest times and that you will be with Maddie again. Know that you are loved, and that so many people are thinking of and praying for you and your family..... Love Meghan Poort

Unknown said...

Jordan and Marlo,

It is so hard to come up with words, because we cannot possibly comprehend what you are going through right now. Our hearts ache for you. Please know that we are thinking about about you and praying for you and your families. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Love, Jordan & Brianna Keitel

Catherine Noorda said...

we are so sorry for your loss of your beautiful daughter. we will be praying for you. another dear friend of mine, steph waite, recently lost her daughter camille in an accident. her blog is

adailyscoop.blogspot.com

i hope you will find peace and comfort through Christ.

catherine clayton noorda and family(mandy clayton's cousin)

Michal said...

i grew up in the whittier stake, too (kim and rhonda johnson's daughter). i heard the news about your sweet little maddie a couple of days ago and i tear up every time i even think about it. our youngest is a daughter about the same age and i just ache every time i look at her and i think of you and your sweet maddie. i pray that the lord will give you peace and understanding and comfort. i know that he has always been my rock during the trials in my life.
lots of love and prayers on your behalf.

Rach said...

Hi there. Your blog address was left to me in a comment on my blog by one of your husband's coworkers. I just want to let you know you and your family are in my prayers as you begin this journey.

I lost my sweet five year old to drowning a little over a year ago and my heart aches for you.

Many hugs and prayers to you. May you feel the comfort of our prayers and find some measure of peace where you can.

The Jensen Family said...

Our hearts are aching at your loss. We will never forget Maddie and the sunshine she brought to our lives!

Harding Family said...

Marlo and Jordan,
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. It is times like these when I don't really know what to say because I can't imagine what you are going through. Please let us know if you need anything and know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. ~Kally~

Rebecca Christianson said...

Our hearts ache with yours during this difficult time. You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Madison was blessed to be born into such a special family. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. You are valiant parents! Please know that all of the Oldham family is thinking of you. Your family helped us get through our grief after we lost our dad.

Much love to all of your family,
Rebecca, Travis, Trey, Ella and Ciera Christianson (Oldham)

AJ said...

Hi Jordan and Marlo,
Marlo, we only met you once but Jayne and I know Jordan from our freshman BYU ward and Jordan and I were in the MTC together. I just came to your blog for the first time through facebook and was heartbroken to read about this. My heart aches for your loss and you will be in our prayers as you pass through this difficult time.

Sincerely,

AJ and Jayne Edman
edmanfamily.blogspot.com

Grant said...

We're praying for you. When I read the first presidency message this month I thought of you. We love you.

Travis said...

Marlo, I just heard the news last night and wanted to let you know that your family is definitely in our family's prayers. Your last post was inspiring! Please take care of one another!

Travis Pullins

Mrs. Haynie said...

jordan and marlo,
this is sarah wible. i just wanted to pass along my love and thoughts towards you both at this time. you have been in my prayers everyday and i will continue to pray for you both...for strength and comfort. with all my love,
sarah and brian haynie

Mrs. Haynie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle K. said...

Jordan and Marlo,
This is Nick and Michelle Kindle and we were so heartbroken to hear about your dear little Maddie. We have been following your blog from your facebook and have loved getting to know her. There are no words to describe how you are probably feeling, but it must be reassuring to know that she is with her Heavenly Father now and he is taking care of her. You are both such stong people and will pull through this trying time. We love you,
The Kindles

Tyler and Ashley said...

Jordan and Marlo,
This is Tyler and Ashley Simons. Tyler and I were in one of Jordan's wards at BYU. We were heartbroken when we heard the news about your sweet Maddie. We know there aren't any words we can say that will make things better but we want you both to know we are thinking of you and have you in our prayers. We pray that the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation gives you peace and comfort at this difficult time. Please, if there is ever anything we can do, don't hesitate to ask.

With Love,
Tyler and Ashley Simons

NMmom10 said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Jordan & Marlo,
I was so sorry to hear of your loss. Although I never met Maddie, it is obvious even through your pictures and words that she was a beaming angel. She was beautiful in every way and blessed to have you both as parents. Your family is constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
Love, Sarah (Stucki) Craig

amyinbc said...

I am so very sorry..

EMILY said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. I am so sorry for what you are going through the the pain you are experiencing. I will be praying for you and your family. Stephanie Waite is my best and oldest friend. She is amazing and her blog has brought me strength and comfort since she lost her little Camille. I know she has been helped greatly by being able to talk with other mothers who have lost their children. she does not post her email on her blog, but if you email me at adornmail@gmail.com i will forward your address to her. I think you can draw strength from her and she from you. Please know that others are mourning with you and want to bear what small portion of your burden they can. May you feel the warm embrace of the Savior during these dark hours and those that lie ahead.
Emily Nelson

Deanna said...

Marlo and Jordan,
I learned of your tragic loss while reading comments on another blog I am following. I am so sorry you have lost your beautiful Maddie. I can not imagine the pain you both must be feeling. I pray that Maddie's love for you will help heal your hearts. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

so very sorry to hear of your loss ...

Betsy McK said...

Lifting you and your family up during the loss of your precious daughter. My you feel His presence with you during this difficult time.
(((HUGS)))

Traci said...

I saw this blog linked on another blog and am sitting here at work devastated for your loss.

Maddie is beautiful and is surely looking down on you all with love.

Love and prayers to you from this stranger.

Find strength in your love for each other.

Barnetts said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Jackie and Bryan said...

Marlo and Jordan,

I've been thinking of you and your family everyday since I heard about your dear Maddie. My heart continues to break for you as you go through this seemingly impossible task of moving forward with your lives without Maddie. I pray the Atonement will heal your hearts and comfort you especially when you need it most. You continue to be in our prayers...especially as Friday approaches.
Love,
Jackie & Bryan Houlberg & family

Emily said...

Marlo,

Since I heard the devastating news of your precious Maddie my heart has been aching for you and your family. I am so sorry for this tremendouos loss. I will keep you and Jordan as well as all of your family in my prayers. Much Love and strength to all of you.

Emily Flores

Kim and Linda said...

Marlo as I've seen you grow from a wonderful Laurel in Young Women's and then into a beautiful wife and mother I've admired you so much. The next while will bring some tear filled days when the memory of Maddie will be overwhelming. I know that you have a deep inner strength and a love for the Lord that will get you through this. You are so blessed to have a husband like Jordan. I love you! Linda Sutton

Kim and Linda said...

Marlo as I've watched you grow from a wonderful Laurel in Young Women's and then turn into a beautiful wife and mother I have admired you. There will probably be some tear filled days ahead while tender memories of Maddie are overwhelming. You have a deep inner strength and a love for the Lord that will you see you through this difficult time. How blessed you are to have a wonderful husband in Jordan. I love you and will keep you in my prayers..... Linda Sutton

*CaRoLyN* said...

I couldn't not leave a comment. My heart just breaks for you. I am so so so sorry. Your sweet Maddie often enters my mind. I wonder how you are doing. I found your blog from a comment left on a newspaper's online site. I really don't know what to say other than I've prayed for you and thought about you and hope you are receiving all the love and strength you need. I'd leave this as an anonymous comment if I could. I hope you don't mind.

Ashley and Ivy said...

My thoughts and prayers have been and will continue to be with you and your family. I'm sure you don't know me personally I attending high school with Brittany and Brandy. Little Maddie is beautiful!!!!

Amy said...

Oh Marlo, I am so sorry for your loss. Words can not express how my heart aches for your family. You are in our prayers and I hope you know how much we all love you.
Amy

Tales of a SOS said...

Marlo, We have never met, but I received a card in our mail yesterday from Dr. and Mrs. Grant T. Stucki expressing their sympathy. I opened it by accident because I did not look at the addressee because we have been receiving several birthday cards lately and just assumed it was the same. I do not know if you are the family that use to live at Clinton Place in Round Rock. I would love to pass this card on to you and please accept my familys thoughts and prayers for you during this time. I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through and my heart hurts for you. Please know that your beautiful Maddy is watching over you from heaven. Sincerely, Denise Gall

Stephanie Waite said...

I finally found your blog and just wanted to reaffirm that I am praying for you. I know that is what helps most right now. I don't know if you got my email but it is now on my profile if you ever want to communicate/vent/etc with someone who totally "gets it." Rach, who also left a comment here, has been a great source of comfort to me in that regard. As she told me, I will tell you, it does get better. I know how much it hurts right now, but it will get better.

sending love and prayers,
stephanie
www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father allowed in His wisdom that which He could have prevented with His powers.

I take great comfort from this statement as it reminds me of His Eternal Plan for us. I hope you find it comforting as well.

Whenever I find myself falling into the "why me" or "if only" modes, I think back to this truth.

Your Maddie is a sweet and precious Angel. I pray that Our Lord will cradle you in the palms of His hands and carry & comfort you in the difficult days ahead.

Jan said...

She is a little doll- you must miss her so much!

Amber said...

Marlo and Jordan,
We haven't been able to stop thinking about you guys since hearing of your loss. Just want you to know we are praying for you and your family. I don't know the right words to say just know you are loved.
Amber and Spencer

Texas MacLeans said...

We will miss seeing Maddie's sweet face at church. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. We are so sorry for your loss.
Love,
The MacLeans

5e's said...

Marlo I remember seeing you at the mommy and me classes. You and Maddie were so cute! Marlo and Jordan my heart goes out to both of you. Maddie was indeed a precious little girl. Our family will continue to pray for you.

With love,
Liz Earnshaw and family

Mindi said...

You are still in my thoughts and prayers every day! I hope the funeral is beautiful tomorrow! May you be surrounded by those who love you and who loved Maddie.
Mindi Humphrey- Las Vegas Pinnacle Ward

coolio said...

so sad to hear of your loss. i hope you find even a bit of strength in all the loving messages sent. i will keep you in my heart.

Jess said...

I don't even know what to comment.... but I just had to write something.I found you blog via a link on a favorite site of mine. I am so heart broken for you, yet we've never met. I've lost sleep over thinking about what your family must be going through right now. Please know that although I don't know you, I'm praying for you and will continue to remember you in prayer...
God bless,
Jess

Brittany said...

Marlo,
I have been thinking you and your family everyday. You are constantly on my mind and in my prayers! I just wanted to send you extra love on this hard day. Take care of each other.
Love,
Brittany (Waldron) Petersen

Michele said...

Hi Marlo. This is Michele Wilcut (threegirlmom comment, 7/31). I truly hope that today with it's sorrow is also accompanied by an equal measure of peace and comfort. What a day to pay tribute to an angel. The nations of the world are gathering for the Olympics today in peace and unity. Since there are no accidents, and "timing is everything," maybe the Lord is making this opportunity available to you to take the next two weeks and watch these athletes accomplish their life goals. Surely sweet Maddie in her brief visit to earth has accomplished hers. I'm sure that today she misses you as much as you miss her. I know these spirits can be with us, though unseen. Surely she is by your side today, doing what she can to comfort you two and give her love.
Hugs and kisses to you both.
Love, Michele

Megan B ♥ said...

Dear Marlo,
This is Megan from DMC's office. I spoke with Sheryl this morning and she told me what she had learned from Trista about your darling Madison. My heart is aching so much very for you and Jordan right now. You will be in our prayers. God bless you both on this difficult journey.

Anonymous said...

To the Walburger Family: Even though I don't know your family, I thought about you often today, I have not been able to get this tragedy off of my mind. I just wanted you to know that people here in Las Vegas were touched- especially after seeing your website, and your beautiful family photos. Now you have your own guardian angel to watch over you. May you one day find peace in all of this. Take care, Sandra

Diane Cañate said...

Jordan and Marlo,

Laura and I were devastated to hear about your loss. We love you so much! Our thoughts and prayers are with you always. If there is anything we can do for you please let us. Sorry we are so far away. We love you!

{lizzythebotanist} said...

Jordan & Marlo,

Diane & Laura just filled me in on what happened. I know I barely know you guys, but as a mom of a 20-month old I can't imagine how you must feel right now. I am aching for you. You'll be in my prayers...

Liz & family

Jen said...

Even though you don't know me my heart has ached for you & your family since we heard. You are in our thoughts & prayers. The Whites in Las Vegas (Hac. Heights ward)

Anonymous said...

Jordan and Marlo,
This is Janine Dovidio, and I received word, out here in Minnesota, about your tragic loss. I am heartbroken and have kept both of you and your families in my prayers and thoughts each day. I don't even know what to write or say, except that I hope God will give you the strength you need to go on. Maddie was a beautiful baby girl, she looks just like you Jordie!, and although, I have never met her, I know how much she will be missed. May peace and the love of God be with you and comfort you during this extremely difficult time. Much love, Janine

ARubly said...

Jordan and Marlo,
We are VERY sorry for your terrible loss. Maddie was a precious little girl and we couldn't imagine the loss that you two are feeling. She's with God now and will be your little angel in heaven; always. Please know that you're in our thoughts, prayers and hearts everyday. May God bless you and help you during this trying and difficult time.

All our love,
Angie, Joe, and Steven Rubly (Dovidio)

ARubly said...

Jordan and Marlo,
We are VERY sorry for your terrible loss. Your percious little Maddie is now with her heavenly father and will always be your special angel; not that it makes life any easier for you both. We will continue to keep you in our prayers, thoughts and hearts. May God bless you during this extremely trying time and guide you on the path to healing.
All our love,
Angie, Joe and Steven Rubly (Dovidio)

Victoria said...

Marlo,
I came across your blog through another blog that I have kept track of. My husband was in a tragic motorcycle in April of this year, so although our brands of grief are different, I understnad what a monster it can be. I have thought of you often, and know that the coming weeks and months will bring many, many ups and downs. I'm told it gets better with time, but I'm still waiting. There are so, so many people who love your family. You have touched my life, and I have never even met you. I check back regularly for updates, and hope to hear more about your sweet eternal family soon. Blessings and prayers to you from me.

Victoria
http://www.thefellows.blogspot.com

karen said...

found my way here via "life with hannah and lily."

the words seem so inadequate, but i will say them anyway as they are all i have to offer:

i am so sorry for you loss.

be gentle with yourselves,
karen

T. Edlin said...

I was just surfing blogs and came across yours. Your little angel caught my eye, and when I read on, I was so shocked and heartbroken. I am so very sorry for your loss. The ironic thing is that today is the 13th anniversary of my mom's untimely death from a car accident. I believe there are lots of mommy angels in Heaven that will watch over your little one until you can be with her again. God's blessings on you and your family...