Monday, November 10, 2008

I can breath

Gotta love primary but I am so happy to be done with the craziness!! Yesterday was our primary program and I am pleased to say it turned out great. Those that have worked in a primary presidency, my hat goes off to you all. There is so much you have to plan for, deal with, and make adjustments on the spot that it takes alot out of you! I was an emotional wreck yesterday, never going into it thinking I would be. I think all of the stress came out and just being so happy that it turned out well. Now I can breath and go on cruise control... I guess until next Sunday because you never know what's going to happen!

11 comments:

Randy said...

I'm biased, but my favorite part was Adam turning around and saying "Hey, Who's laughing at me!" in the middle of his talk.

You guys did great. I've watched Juliene organize a primary program and know exactly how stressful it is. Thank you for all your service.

Katrina said...

Hey Marlo, its Katrina Lawyer and I was blog hopping and found your blog! I wanted to wish you congrats on the program as well! I have been first counselor in Primary so I understand the stress!!! It was perfect!

Christy said...

Hey Marlo,

I feel the pain. I just got called to be Primary president in my ward 2 weeks ago and there is a lot to do. I'm excited to talk about ideas with you and Wendy...since you guys are pros by now. I actually don't think that I've even told Wendy yet. Anyways, we just had our program too and it is a relief to be done with that. Now we have to prepare for the new year/theme...YIKES!

Christy

Heather said...

Hooray! It's always so nice when things turn out well and you're done--so much work and time, but so worth it!

Jan said...

So glad it's done for you (ours is next Sunday) -- but don't stop to breathe. Now you have to get ready for next year! Just keep on moving!

I was excited to hear about your calling -- we should chat sometime!

Harding Family said...

Our program was two weeks ago and I am just a primary teacher and it was stressful so I can only imagine how stressful it is as a president! I am sure it all turned out great!

~Kally~

Katie Evans said...

You guys did a great job. I'm in awe that you were able to pull it off so quickly after the the split of the wards!
P.S. I loved the picture on the program...what a good idea.

mcwally said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The Primary program is the best Sacrament meeting of the entire year. And it is so much work to put together! Especially for a Primary President who hasn't been president for very long.

So glad you are done and that it went well and you can breath...

Sarah said...

I've been in charge of the program before and I know all that goes into it- it is A LOT of work! I'm so glad that it turned out so well. I'm always so emotional during the primary program, even when I'm not in charge. There's something so cool about all of those kids up there trying so hard to do their part. I love it.

Megan B ♥ said...

Dearest Marlo, I wanted to thank you for your strength and inspiration on this blog. This week Justin and I lost one of the sons we were expecting to join our family in January. His twin brother is now in the NICU with an uncertain future. As we have been preparing for our funeral services this week and sorting out our feelings and emotions, the quote "the crown without the conflict" has been the phrase that has kept returning to me. It will be on our Dex's gravestone as well. Thank you so much for your inspiration and example in your time of grief. It is helping us in ours. Much love,

The Bradshaws
Megan, Justin, Kinley, Tanner, Dex, and Crew

Bug said...

Very true, you never know. Congrats on the program and I'm sure it was great. The kids just kind of take over and their spirit is felt no matter what. You're awesome!