Monday, January 12, 2009

New Years 2009

Yay a new year! Which means new resolutions, new start, new experiences, and deep breaths of fresh air. We celebrated New Year's Eve with about 67 family members with games, delicious food, entertainment, and celebrating the new year by watching the 9pm ball dropping in New York City and in bed before midnight! Now thats the way to celebrate! Everyone knew they had an early morning ahead of them for the Rose Parade. Another Walburger tradition that I thoroughly enjoy. It ended up being a gorgeous day for the parade and the floats were great.


Here is the big Grand Marshall of the parade... Cloris Leachman. (Can you sense the sarcasm?)
This was my favorite float. I loved the colors and the amount of roses was unreal.



After the parade we had the same 67 people over to the Walburgers for lunch and football. It seemed like forever since I had seen alot of them so it was great talking and catching up with everyone. We had an awesome vacation but it's good to get back and in the swing of things, and are we ever! I hope for great things in 2009 that are all happy: having a new baby and seeing my sister come home from her mission to name a few! Happy 2009!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Wow--that float is amazing! I bet it smelled wonderful!

Heather said...

Oh yeah, P.S. Happy New Year!

Harding Family said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! Happy New Year and I can't wait to see the pics of little Drake when he comes!

Sarah said...

It was so fun to see you over the holidays. You have to be the cutest pregnant person I have ever seen! Glad you made it back safe and sound. Here's to a happy 2009!

Cindy Lamkin said...

Marlo I love keeping up with you through your blog. Best wishes for the new year! E-mail me if you get a chance, I have some book titles your mom might be interested in.