Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving Time

With Jordan's new company he gets the whole week of Thanksgiving off! Yay, thankyou VM Ware! So we flew out to Vegas the Sunday before Thanksgiving and met Brandy and my parents there. Later on in the week Brittney and Micah came and we had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I love being at home with my family there, everything is so relaxed, we eat well at all of our fav spots and have a good time.
It was Freezing in Vegas! We came from 78 degree weather to low 50's so we were cold! Drake unfortunately felt it the worst. His little body doesn't do well going from different weather extremes, so like in the past, he started wheezing and coughing. My Mom and I decided to take him in, especially before Thanksgiving since we knew everything was going to be closed. Thank goodness we have great insurance and found a great doc that hooked us up with a nebulizer and it worked like a charm! Drake got used to his little penguin nebulizer and did great with every treatment (especially because he got to watch Elmo!) He would point to it all the time. After a week of breathing treatments he was back to new.
The morning of Thanksgiving Micah and Jordan headed down to the field to play in a little turkey bowl. Throughout the morning we all had our assignments of what to make, my Mom having the most as that always happens, and were ready to eat by the afternoon. It was delicious. I know Jordan and I enjoyed it even more that Drake was asleep. I know horrible to say but he had his dinner a little later! Along with other families, as tradition we always go around the table saying what we are thankful for that year, which I like and don't like. I do love hearing what everyone else has to say but I hate it because every year without fail I get a little choked up. Everyone's comments were very touching. I am so thankful for every single one of my family members. After we ate the boys of course gathered around the TV to watch football and us girls played some games.

The rest of the week we hung out, went to movies, put a puzzle together (or should I say Dad and I), did some Christmas shopping and Friday night my Mom arranged for all of us to go to The Beatles, Love show. It was a fun show, although I didn't understand 90 percent of it, it was fun hearing the music and watching all of the acts!

Holidays are such a special time of year. I love spending time with family, especially since we don't see them all of the time. We had a fabulous Thanksgiving and this year we have alot to be grateful for. I give my thanks everyday for how blessed we are. Until next year...Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Loved your posts and the new changes you did to your blog.
It all went by to quickly.
My favorite picture is Drake's bed head!
Love ya,
MOM