Monday, October 4, 2010

Just Call Us Slick

A couple of weeks ago on a nice sunny morning Drake and I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. We weren't in there for long but as usual the checker asked if I wanted curb side service, where you pull up to the front of the store and they load your groceries for you. "Nope, I'm good, thanks" I said. "It's raining pretty hard out there, you sure?" Confused, because it was clear blue skies when we came in, I again declined thinking maybe it's just a little sprinkle. As we approached the doors to go outside I could not believe it! It was pouring, like down pour, but yet still the sun was out and the skies were still pretty blue. Bizarre. Again, welcome to Texas. So not parked very far, Drake and I went for it. Drake didn't know what was going on as he was trying to get out of his seat because he was getting wet and looking at me like what is happening! We were soaked, the groceries were soaked, my keys were soaked, everything was soaked by the time we got to the car. I took this right when we got home and it doesn't even do us justice. I was laughing to myself the whole way home A. this is so crazy B. I am so glad I didn't do my hair today and C. Why didn't I listen to the checker! Drake was just glad he still had his balloon and I am glad for the memory. It was fun.

1 comment:

Brandy Langford said...

ha I am literally laughing out loud in the library. People are looking at me but I don't care. That is the funniest/ cutest story. I can just imagine it!